WPI’s “The Biggest Loser!”March 24, 2017
“The Biggest Loser” is a widely popular American reality TV show that debuted on NBC in 2004 showcasing contestants on their weight loss and fitness journey. Now, it’s your turn to conquer our very own version of “The Biggest Loser” right here in Whiteport Inc. (WPI) and DDT Konstract Inc. (DDTKI)!
Just like the TV show, the WPI Biggest Loser is essentially a race to see who can lose most weight the fastest. Our game has a twist though because it follows a group-based format. This is all in line with management’s goal to encourage and cultivate a healthy lifestyle and disposition among all employees.
Contest Rules and Mechanics:
- All employees are required to participate in the contest and they will be divided accordingly into teams. There will be 10 groups from DDTKI and 5 from WPI. Each team must come up with their own name.
- The goal of each team is to motivate every team member to contribute to the reduction of the group’s cumulative weight every month throughout the duration of the contest.
- There will be two categories for this contest. Challengers are those with above average body mass index (BMI). Supporters meanwhile are those with average BMI who are expected to provide assistance to their teammates in meeting the goal of weight reduction. This includes giving tips on healthy eating habits, doing exercise by team, etc.
- The team’s base weight recorded before the contest proper will be used as the initial cumulative weight in every month’s computation.
- The team with the biggest percentage of weight loss will be declared as the Biggest Loser.
- In cases wherein the qualifier will separate or resign from the company, the weight of that employee will be based on his or her last weight record.
- In cases wherein the qualifier transfers project assignment, he/she will still be monitored and will remain in their respective team.